Friday, September 4, 2009

4 September 2009 - 4:40 p.m.

My uncle just passed away. How ironic - my cousin is getting married Saturday (happy occasion) and my uncle passed away from cancer the day before. He had cancer. He was diagnosed maybe 6 months ago and is gone. And still he amazes me, his planning, even on his death bed. Just wow.

I started this Friday afternoon, right after my dad called. Three hours later as I was shopping for baby shower games I got a text from my cousin that a couple of our really good friends were in a horrible bike wreck and were taken to KU Med. She was thrown 45 feet from the bike, he was with the bike.

It's now Sunday afternoon, I should be cleaning but I am unmotivated at best. My cousin did send an update that he opened his eyes today and nodded yes. His wife is still unresponsive. They were both placed in a "chemical coma" to keep them sedated so the dr's could do their "thing" with surgeries, etc. They have three boys who need their parents home. They don't have insurance. She was taken by life flight to the hospital. Their bills will be exorbitant... They are really good people. If you're reading this and feel led to pray, they can definitely use the prayers.

This weekend has been filled with so many emotions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your uncle, and your friends. Lots of prayers.